The local environment and regular visits into the community are valued and integrated into the planning. Visitors from the community are regularly invited into the school, as appropriate.
We pride ourselves in developing effective partnerships in the local community with various organisation for various purposes. These partnerships provide either academic lessons for our pupils or community visits to develop essential personal, independent and social skills.
Partnerships include –
- Coleg y Cymoedd - click on the separate tab for more information.
- Sporting Marvels - visit the school weekly to deliver sport and RE lessons.
- Rhondda Sports Centre - we use the sports centre to access a number of activities including swimming, sports sessions and the use of the gym.
- Cwm Cycling - a number of our classes access this provision weekly where our pupils enjoy using the adapted bicycles in the local park.
- Bodringallt Primary School - Primary integration.
- Rhondda Kinder Care - Early years integration.
- Ton Pentre Junior School - Primary integration.
- Fareshare - Key Stage 4 pupils create food hampers as part of their Enterprise curriculum.
- Valleys Kids - deliver sensory sessions for our PMLD pupils.
We also work closely with the local cluster of schools in Treorchy and Ferndale. This partnership is of mutual benefit to all.